water can

only one lay

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
litchfield mi
someone gave me a nice 3gal one. no rust. cleaned up real nice,bleached and everything. Issue- when I put the top

piece on it just runs out the bottom like it should but it just keeps running. is it fixable, and how? thanks

There is a leak somewhere that's preventing a vacuum from forming.

Is this the type with the outer part that bayonet-mounts onto a peg down in the water trough area? (If so, your problem is for sure a rust pinhole. Try looking into the outer portion with the sun behind it, look for a pinhole you could try caulking or soldering)

I am not familiar enough with other types of galvanized waterers to know exactly where you should look for the leak, but that's what you have to do.

They only work right when the exiting water leaves a *vacuum* behind, i.e. air cannot creep into the space above the water inside the reservoir.

Good luck,

Pat

could be a leak at the handle connection. you should be able to fix it with some epoxy. it's a vacuum leak so don't worry about how strong the fix is.

I'm sorry this is going to be off topic, but every time I read the title of this thread all I can think is "water can what?"

lau.gif
I just had to ask... off to see the wizard, now....

meri

Mojo Chick'n :

I'm sorry this is going to be off topic, but every time I read the title of this thread all I can think is "water can what?"

lau.gif
I just had to ask... off to see the wizard, now....

meri

There's a Hole in my Bucket Dear Liza Dear Liza!!​

Back
Top Bottom