Water Feature in the Coop - Bird Bath?

chick-n-pigs

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Lakewood, CO
I noticed when I pour water or have a running hose running the gals they love to drink from the stream of water and play in the flowing water. This made me think they would like a water feature in the coop. Possibly a garden fountain or other setup.

Has anyone done something similar? Do chickens like to play in a bird bath? Thanks for the input.

I never noticed my girls trying to play in the stream of water but I used a large dishpan type water bowl.. They would sit in it when it was really hot, they would walk thru it and drink and sit around the edges of the pan.. One day I found the prettiest blue egg laying in the water.. Seems my Ameraucanas liked it really well... Let us know it turns out..

Im actually looking at putting in a solar 2 tier water fountain in my chicken run. I think they would love it!
Welcome! :welcome

With threads this old (9+ years), you may get more visibility and better feedback by starting a new thread.

I don't have my chickens yet, but "poop soup" is the term cage-bird owners use for open water dishes when talking about why water bottles are a better option for the birds' health.
@3KillerBs - do you remember a time when you didn't have chickens?

Welcome! :welcome

With threads this old (9+ years), you may get more visibility and better feedback by starting a new thread.

@3KillerBs - do you remember a time when you didn't have chickens?

Yes, I do. :D

And the long, chickenless interval when I didn't have any because I was working up to 60-hour weeks.

Back
Top Bottom