Water in cold weather

Quote:
I can't tell for sure if you're saying exactly what I'm thinking, so I'll ask ... Is the spring water continually running in the overflow pipe? If so could you run the overflow into the coop then out again and on to the horse tub? Running water doesn't freeze as soon as still water, as you know.

By the way, that's a very handsome stone building.

Last edited:
Yes the water flows endlessly, but now that I've read about the cookie tin heater, I might go that route. My fear with the other one is that if I ever had a clog, I'd have a coop full of water in no time.

Pete

If you dont have water warmers on your feeders then your just going to have to do it every day.Our first year of haveing chickens thats what we did.That is all part of it.sacrafice its hard in the cold weather .Your fingers start freezzing up when the water gets on your hands .If it wasnt hard everyone would raising chickens. I guess its one of them rights of passage...Veteran icebreaker hehehe
lol.png

I change and unthaw my water every day....it gets a little hectic with 67 chickens...but we just bought some heated waters today and I can't wait to try them out...I do have power to my coop, the only problem is we turn the power on and off from a breaker in our house...so no power no heater!!!!! any suggestions???? ty in advance.....
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom