water shortage fine - warning

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by homecatmom, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket Raley

Rocket Raley Songster

Jul 6, 2007
    Quote:
    LOL, That's so true. We have "The plum bushes".
    I don't think I could live in a place were you can't find a bush and pee

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. EggCentric

EggCentric Songster

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    A couple of years ago, when I lived in Ga, there was a water shortage and restrictions were in place. Then one day I was watching the news and they were showing a National Guard unit dumping 20 thousand gallons of water down a hill to help erode it! As far as I was concerned, the water restrictions ended then and there.

3. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 In the Brooder

Aug 30, 2007
    Central NC
    Raleigh, Cary, Apex, and Durham, NC let their residents keep watering their lawns up until about 3 weeks ago when it became evident that they were in real big trouble with the water supply. Now they are crying because they only have about 72 days left.

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    This water thing puzzles me. For instance I do everything I can not to waste water, I was brought up that way. I have a rain barrel for watering my plants, I also have well water for the lawn and garden. All of our appliances are up to date with low usage.

We were getting high water bills, I'm talking $500.00 for the quarter. I call the township and tell them I don't understand why we are getting high water bills, when I'm doing everything I could think of to SAVE water.

They make an appt to come over and check everything. Mmmm, they guy said, must be you use more than you think! OK now I'm P.O.'d. A few days later they call back and say they are upgrading all meters on the houses in our area.

Long story short, since we had a new meter put in by the township, no less, our water bill has been cut in half two quarter in a row. Makes you wonder.

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Songster

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Quote:Funny how they won't give you a credit for their mistake either. We had the same thing happen once too when we lived in south florida.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Watch out for that. It may not be bad for families, but several women I know got urinary tract infections because of back-splash. A doctor told one that whoever had it first gave the bacteria to everyone else. So she changed the household rules and that's when everyone else learned they'd all had infections around the same period of time.

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I live in Youngsville and I'm on well water but I work for a man in Raleigh a couple of times a month and they have had water restrictions most of the the summer.

Our biggest problem in the Triangle is overpopulation of PEOPLE. We have something stupid like 90 people moving to the Triangle every DAY!!! More people=less water, especially during a drought. Instead of water restrictions they need to enforce people-moving-here restrictions. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

they need to enforce people-moving-here restrictions.

Completely agreed! They always talk about luring people and businesses to an area, then they whine and cry about the problems, i.e., traffic, water problems, etc, that go with that. Stop the people flow and you'll help the water flow problems!​

9. Arklady

Arklady Songster

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    We don't have water issues here... in fact our water lakes are full. The city decided to upgrade all the water stuff so I don't know how thats going to affect people in that area but the water tastes horrible.

I live in the adjoining water district, and we don't have an issue here either I could drill but this is coal country and you have to go really deep to get good water. It tastes like sulphur. UGH.

Anyways, I use all the water I want and my bill is about 55$ a month.

Arklady

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I wonder how many swiming pools in ritzy neighborhoods are bone dry? Hotels? Fountains?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: