water thermostat

thomas4033

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 5, 2011
hi me again another question
i am using a water thermostat it swings between 98.8 and 101.5 is that to much .

WOW I wish I had your thermostat!!!! My water therm swings between 97 and 104.... But I did a wiggle test, and they are estimated at 100 F internal temp.. Hope your hatch goes well1!!! ^_^

Quote:
I am afraid to do anything atm.. Too close for some of the eggies!!! I just stuck my head in the incubator and held my breath so I could be as still as could be.. Didn't see any movement, but I swear I heard a small peep peep peep faintly.... Tv was up loud so I can't be sure...

Quote:
I am afraid to do anything atm.. Too close for some of the eggies!!! I just stuck my head in the incubator and held my breath so I could be as still as could be.. Didn't see any movement, but I swear I heard a small peep peep peep faintly.... Tv was up loud so I can't be sure...

if you have eggs in it, then i would leave the thermostat alone, so just wait till the eggs hatch, to do anything, but you will need to remember this, it will change your incubator for the better if you do this trust me i did it and my incubator is staying at an awesome temperature now

Quote:
OK maybe I'm too tired but am confused as to what to do with the thermostat!! could you re-explain that to me please!! I did look at the post, do i put a pen tube in it or just cut holes and where??
Ayda

you need to take it apart, and drill holes where the tooth picks are pointing, to take apart the thermostat, you will find two metal rivets holding it in place, you will have to get a small drill bit and drill through these metal rivets, and then you can take the thermostat apart, being sure not to touch the copper colored plate, that is attached to the metal backing of the thermostat, and then drill holes, in the same places the toothpicks are located at when you look at the info on how to make the thermostat better

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom