WaterCup issue

Doodle's Dad

Hatching
May 24, 2017
We have chicken water cup drinker screwed into a 5 gallon container. The chickens still find ways to get their poop in the watercup even though it is placed on a cinder block. Suggestions??

Maybe put them up a little higher. I am not having that problem. Putting in cup waters was the best thing I did in my coop because they stay clean and the birds use them.

Two things you can try: Position the bucket just underneath a section of the coop so that there is not enough room for the chickens to roost on top of the bucket. If the cinder block makes it too tall to fit underneath, try 2-3 9" or 9 1/2" pavers to lower it slightly (I'm using 2 pavers). Or, fashion a cone out of galvanized flashing material to fit over the bucket, using simple metal "hooks" to hold it one (3 short strips of a metal hangar bent 90degrees on both ends 1/4" in opposite directions, to fit into small holes drilled into the side bucket near the top & into the bottom edge of the cone.) [My California Whites are high-flyers, so just raising the bucket higher didn't work.] Hope this is helpful!

Back
Top Bottom