waterer heater bases question

Smoky73

Lyon Master
16 Years
Feb 8, 2007
Colorado
question for everyone who heats waterers. I have two of those large waterer heaters that you can buy at the feed stores, those ones for $50. I use them for my large fowl in the winter because they drink a lot. well, the heated pad that is underneath has come unglued from the bottom of the metal part. Is there something I can use that would be safe to reglue it on? I do not want to throw them away as they do still work but is useless if they will not stick to the base part.

Those newer ones don't last, like the old ones did. I wonder if you could wire it back on? Could you drill holes in the base and run wire through them, to hold it up against the base? I don't know what the element on the new ones look like, but there should be somewhere to loop it around. I'd use heavy wire.

I like to put heated bases or heated water containers on a non-flammable base. Something like a concrete patio paving stone, concrete block or bricks. Just in case something goes wrong and it overheats. Or in this case, the element falls off.

Back
Top Bottom