Waterer question

Quote:
It started off with a lid that had a few holes in it, and it ended up being hard to get the lid off to fill so I just keep the lid off. I think I may have figured out the problem. One of the most common suggestions about water seems to be adding a teaspoon or two of cider vinegar to their water. People say their chickens love it and it keeps the waterer cleaner. So I tried it. My chickens must be the exception to the rule, and I think that may be why they didn't drink the water the other day! I cleaned the bucket out and refilled it and they drank from it pretty well. I think I'm going to skip the vinegar idea and also put the TSC waterer back in on the bricks.

Thank you, everybody, for the great suggestions!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
quoting myself. Here is a top fill fount with handles-I wonder if it could be hung from those?
http://www.amazon.com/Brower-62708-4-Gallon-Waterer/dp/B001N47CL2

Def.. get some bailing wire or even some rope and cut (2) 3-foot pieces. Tie each around a handle and have them come up to meet each other where you can loop each through the same link on a hanging chain. It should stay nice and steady and there is no way the hens will be able to sit up there with 2 pieces of wire running at 45 degrees. Get the waterer at the height of their back...seems high at first, but it is extremely comfortable for them to drink at that height and it will keep the water nice and clean, because when they scratch they rarely throw debris above that height.

Last edited:
I am just lazy I guess but this watering system has worked untouched for 2 years. Use a toilet tank fill through the float valve. Reduce the outlet to the toilet bowl to 3/4" PVC. Come off the 3/4" PVC with your nipples. This is a very cheap gravity feed system that works!! My cost for every thing was about $20.00. I have pictures if anyone wants them just email request [email protected]
I would love to hear from someone who has tried this and get their results!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom