WATERFOWL EGG CHAIN ANYONE??

Im going to be watching this thred, cause Im looking for giant dewlaps, I hope someone out there has some. I have gray saddle back pom and african dewlap to trade if any giant gray dewlaps come up. I also have black cayuga, black runners and BEI.

Also on a side note-----------I have hatched duck, geese, turkey, chicken, guinea, phesant and quial eggs ALL at the same time in the same bator and I did the dry hatch where I added NO water and I had good hatches. I NEVER took the waterfowl eggs out to cool down NOR did I mist them. I still had good hatches. I have hatch all of the above under chicken hens also..............

Last edited:
Quote:
Not yet, but I will when I see an offer I want
big_smile.png

The next four eggs are spoken for, already, so after those go out I'll have more to offer.

With only one hen (that's left) I'd hate to over-commit myself and not be able to go through with it.

eta - out of the 30 eggs I've set from these ducks (both hens combined), only one didn't develop at all. The first 10 I put under a broody chicken, and she abandoned them - and I have 4 in the hatcher now, with the rest in the bator still.

Meri

Last edited:
OK, it has been 24 hours since I posted the embdem and chinese eggs. I do not want to stall the thread, but am unsure what to do now. I do not have any other waterfowl to offer at this time. The giant dewlaps are yealings and are not laying yet and I do not know if they do lay their first spring. The other breeds also are not laying yet.

I am open to suggestions.........

I know this is a waterfowl swap, but if there is someone with waterfowl to offer that would want some welsummer eggs, maybe that would get it moving again???

I believe the giants do not lay until they are 3 years old? I would just keep the offer open for now because it's easier than retracting & then back-peddling and trying to unswap things.
smile.png
Maybe split the eggs in half? Like offer two embden or two chinese? Just a suggestion....

Quote:
Last summer, I hatched out some cayugas with chicken eggs...got 100% hatch on both....but with muscovies & geese....I wouldn't take my chances. I want some grey saddlebacks!
smile.png
Or some buffs... I only have sebbies right now as far as geese go (that are laying less & less). My Muscovies & Cayugas are giving me one egg a day....

Quote:
It doesn't take much to separate them...I have used four t-posts & some chicken wire in the past. Our ground is too frozen to even try new pens right now...

Yeah, but then I would have to buy pools for them, not to mention wire. I'll just leave them like they are for now. I am supposed to be getting some woven wire, but I don't know if it would be too big for them? Not sure the dimensions of the spacing.

Back
Top Bottom