Watering duckling eye??? Help maybe

PoultryLover1289

In the Brooder
Oct 9, 2021
Hi my 3 week old ducking has had this water coming out of her eyes like tears for the past week or so. I noticed her eyes tear up when she preens but my others don’t have that issue is this normal?

What have you done so far to help with the problem? do your ducklings have water deep enough to wash their eyes out? this is very important to keep them healthy. And to help clear this up get some Terramycin eye ointment TSC usually carries it. Is this clear liquid coming out of the eyes or is it thick like mucous? Making up a warn saline wash to rinse the eyes out is also helpful. you can find recipes online. But if this is an infection the Terramycin will help clear it up as long as it's not respiratory. Then you may need an antibiotic.

What have you done so far to help with the problem? do your ducklings have water deep enough to wash their eyes out? this is very important to keep them healthy. And to help clear this up get some Terramycin eye ointment TSC usually carries it. Is this clear liquid coming out of the eyes or is it thick like mucous? Making up a warn saline wash to rinse the eyes out is also helpful. you can find recipes online. But if this is an infection the Terramycin will help clear it up as long as it's not respiratory. Then you may need an antibiotic.
I havent done anything yet, there water is deep enough to dip there heads in but they always sit in it and then lots of water spills and then sometimes I’m not there to refill it. She shows no other symptoms of infection so I wasn’t sure. It’s just clear liquid like a tear it’s not thick.

Make them something like this so they can't spill their water or sit in it. Main thing is they can comfortably stick their heads into but not sit or spill out their water. If this has been going on for a week or more I think I'd get the Terramycin and try that. Here’s some more that work to keep them out of their drinking water.
71794A80-A318-414F-8483-35B050BBA52D.jpeg
8AFFB8E6-980F-4D46-B4BB-0F9C04A19524.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom