Watering in the Winter

bigchicken56

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 8, 2012
Can anyone give me some suggestions on how i could water my hens in the winter? I do not have any running water in my coup and i do not have hose set up on the winter either. Thank you for your help.
D.gif

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how i could water my hens in the winter? I do not have any running water in my coup and i do not have hose set up on the winter either. Thank you for your help.
D.gif
Do you have electricity? if you do make a tin can heater, just take your water into the house fill it and bring it out to the coop every day. a tin can heater will keep it from freezing and its so cheap to make!! look it up :)

Depending how cold it gets where you are and how many birds you have, you can just fill dish/waterer with warm water every morning and put it in the sun, that's what I do and it works well
roll.png

we get way below zero, and usually not above 30 most of the time. no sun will keep it unfrozen here. sorry lol. and my pen is covered, so sun is out of the question. if it works for you awesome. but with a covered run as mine is, there is light but no sun.

Back
Top Bottom