Watering question

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by azchickadee, Dec 23, 2007.

1. azchickadee

azchickadee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2007
    Sonoran Desert, AZ
    My chickens will be moving outside this weekend and I'm getting everything ready for them. Do they need to have water available to them inside the coop at night? I'd like to leave it outside the coop so there isn't a dampness problem. It's chilly here now, but it will be blazin' come summertime!

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I don't have a waterer in my coop for the same reason. Mine do fine at night, just make sure they have plenty of clean water in the morning.

3. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Yep, leave the water outside the coop. I find that anytime I go down to my chickens after sun set they are all roosting. With the cold weathe here I just make sure they have warm water to start with in the morning and mid-afternoon.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I leave mine outside the coop overnight.

5. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    I have a system that I can make water available for the chickens in their coops. I only use this when the snow is so bad they won't come out.
    Actually they can't get out for the snow is above their entrance way. At times like this I am able to turn the water on from the pump house and it has a self filling float which will turn itself off and on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by