Watery diarrhea for past month.

I gave the fresh oregano cuttings, not the oil mixed or diluted. Now we have bumblefoot. If it's not one thing, it's another. Learning more everyday. And they just became hens yesterday. Happy birthday to my girls.🎂 I did put DE in the bottom of their coop and then covered it with 4" of pine shavings. I've never seen them scratching around in there, so I think their lungs are safe.

I gave the fresh oregano cuttings, not the oil mixed or diluted.
Oh sorry now I get it! Well I have managed to get them to eat some ground-up oregano leaves that I salvaged before they went dormant. The oregano was in their scratch mixed with a tbspn of cat food.

Now we have bumblefoot. If it's not one thing, it's another. Learning more everyday.
Ooooo.. haven't had that before though I had a crippled girl for 2 months. Luckily she made a full recovery. Was a rather steep learning curve for me too as I had too many long sticks (foot long) in the run and she must have tripped over them - she loves to run and charge about for fun!

Hope your girls recovery soon!

And they just became hens yesterday. Happy birthday to my girls.🎂
Woohoo congratulations! :bun It's really exciting to see your girls lay their first eggs! :wee

I did put DE in the bottom of their coop and then covered it with 4" of pine shavings. I've never seen them scratching around in there, so I think their lungs are safe.
Watch out for pine shavings. Have heard that they can be toxic to chickens too (see ref). I've got pine mulch in my coop so I'm scratching my head as to what to do with the remaining tonne still left in my shed. :oops:

Oh sorry now I get it! Well I have managed to get them to eat some ground-up oregano leaves that I salvaged before they went dormant. The oregano was in their scratch mixed with a tbspn of cat food.

Ooooo.. haven't had that before though I had a crippled girl for 2 months. Luckily she made a full recovery. Was a rather steep learning curve for me too as I had too many long sticks (foot long) in the run and she must have tripped over them - she loves to run and charge about for fun!

Hope your girls recovery soon!

Woohoo congratulations! :bun It's really exciting to see your girls lay their first eggs! :wee

Watch out for pine shavings. Have heard that they can be toxic to chickens too (see ref). I've got pine mulch in my coop so I'm scratching my head as to what to do with the remaining tonne still left in my shed. :oops:
Thanks, they have been laying since January and February, they have just graduated from pullet to hen. Semantics. Anyhow, I also read all the comments after the ref article, seems cedar is the toxic one. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of bumblefoot treatment supplies so I can treat my girl(s). Glad your girl's crippled foot/leg healed up.

Thanks, they have been laying since January and February, they have just graduated from pullet to hen. Semantics. Anyhow, I also read all the comments after the ref article, seems cedar is the toxic one. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of bumblefoot treatment supplies so I can treat my girl(s). Glad your girl's crippled foot/leg healed up.

Hope you've got the bumblefoot under control. All the best! ;)

Back
Top Bottom