Watery eye

SleepyB

Hatching
Jun 3, 2023
I have a 16 wk old rooster that has had a watery eye since about 3 wks old. It's only one eye. The eye has never been cloudy just watery. He appears healthy as he is quite large and active. I have cleaned it and used ophthalmic drops/gel just stumped at this point. This rooster is the only one with the eye issue.

Cover his good eye for a moment. Wave you're hand or something near his other eye as quietly as possible. It is possible that he is blind and is just having complications (I think)

As long as he is seeming hally, I'd say keep putting the gel stuff in his eye. Best of luck.

I have a 16 wk old rooster that has had a watery eye since about 3 wks old. It's only one eye. The eye has never been cloudy just watery. He appears healthy as he is quite large and active. I have cleaned it and used ophthalmic drops/gel just stumped at this point. This rooster is the only one with the eye issue.
Can you post a picture of the eye? Have you seen any bubbles or foam in the eye, or any thin mucus from the nostrils or beak, or any head shaking? I would clean the eye twice daily with saline, and then put a small dab of Terramycin or Neosporin into the eye for a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom