watery poop in chick 3 wks old

lacontenta

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
So I have a strange & probably naive question...do chickens pee?? or do they just poop?

my little Lucy (the runt with the eye problem that has gotten better with flushing with saline, giving polivisol, & terramycin in the water)

well, she eats, drinks & is active...even getting right in there to eat with the chicks 3 times her size...anyway, I haven't seen her poop the last 2 days....just watery clear liquid out??? I'm puzzled. I see her eat. My husband is a dairy farmer & he said she might be getting dehydrated?? so I have alternated the water...morning electrolytes added to the water & afternoon antibiotic added to the water (never putting both in the same water). So...what's wrong with my chick? Her eye has stayed open the last day and 1/2, & I have seen no tiny bubbles in her eye, so what's going on now??

Just a guess - the antibiotics may have killed off the normal gut flora and caused diarrhea. I would try a little plain yogurt. I always give yogurt to myself and any other critters when an antiobiotic is used for treatment.

thanks for the yogurt idea...I had thought of that, but wasn't sure...

I hadn't changed the chick's diet....just medicated crumbles

Back
Top Bottom