Watery poop?

give her probiotics. Human kind works, or you can give her yogurt too. Regardless of egg production or not, beneficial gut flora helps with immune response.

Check her vent pelvic bone width. If she hasn't started laying, you could probably fit only two fingers in the space.
You'll be able to tell if she's nearing her first egg as the width get wider.

http://thehomesteadinghippy.com/how-to-tell-if-a-chicken-is-still-laying/

Whats ACV?
(APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?)

I'm way late on this thread, but I started giving mine the ACV and it cleared up. I believe the heated waterer in the winter was allowing the bacteria to grow, and where it's winter time I wasn't changing the water as often as in the summer. I have continued the ACV regimen and they now get it in their water twice a week and I've had no more problems. Hope this helps. 1 tablespoon of organic ACV with "mother" in it per gallon of water

How much ACV should you add to a gallon of water?

My RIR has mostly clear, projectile diarrhea.
Hi @Dixie-chick

I'm sorry no one responded to you - somehow you found an old thread.

Can you post some photos of your chicken and her poop?
How old is she?
What type of food/treats are you feeding?
What is your weather like - hot, cold?
What other symptoms does your chicken have - lethargy, not eating/drinking, coughing, runny nose, etc.?

Clear runny poop can be from drinking a lot of water when the weather is hot. Taking a fecal sample for testing would be a good idea.

Meet Peppermint Patty, who has clear, watery poos. Yes, it has been really hot here in Augusta. Heat index has been in the triple digits. Unfortunately I can't get a picture of the poo as it sinks quickly in my sandy soil. Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the support.

Attachments

• IMG_9044.JPG
    IMG_9044.JPG
    712.3 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom