watery poop ?

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
Today I sold one of my roosters to a lady. When she got him home she emailed me and said she wanted to make sure he was healthy, because she noticed he had watery poops. Only thing I can think of that would cause it. Is the ride in a large box back to her house can be a stresser on birds and that could have caused the watery poop. Plus a whole new home/environment as well. Also, just recently (maybe 3 or 4 days ago) I changed the type of food he was getting. And figured feed change could cause it as well. Are these types of things you guys see when getting a new bird?

Thanks

Most every morning one or two of mine have the same thing. It's almost as though it's natures way of "washing" the channel out. I'm thinking the situation with your rooster just might be stress of change. You read on here all the time they don't like it. Just like us, nerves cause the need for a dose of kaopectate. Don't know if it's out for chickens.
smile.png

when i got my girls, the first thing they did in their new run was have diarreah all over the place. I attributed it to the stress. within a couple days, it straightened itself out. every now and then they have some loose poo, but it might be from the snacks i give them
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom