WATERY POOP

Feed store was out of the dewormer; supposed to get more in this afternoon so hopefully can start treatment tomorrow. Good that we can eat these two tiny eggs. After I start the dewormer, can I scramble the eggs for the chickens or should I just pitch them?

Feed store was out of the dewormer; supposed to get more in this afternoon so hopefully can start treatment tomorrow. Good that we can eat these two tiny eggs. After I start the dewormer, can I scramble the eggs for the chickens or should I just pitch them?

There's wormer residue in the eggs after worming. It's best to toss the eggs.

I'm wondering if it's OK to continue the apple cider vinegar in their water along with the Corid. I didn't add the vinegar today but thought I should ask since it might be OK.

Took two stool samples to my vet today. From the droppings I found this morning, one of the hens has runny stools now. He found no parasites and no significant cocci and advised me to continue with the dewormer and corid and we'll check again after the treatment is completed. I hope this takes care of the problem since we have no idea what is going on. More later. Thank you so much for the good advice. Me and my chicks really appreciate it.

Took two stool samples to my vet today. From the droppings I found this morning, one of the hens has runny stools now. He found no parasites and no significant cocci and advised me to continue with the dewormer and corid and we'll check again after the treatment is completed. I hope this takes care of the problem since we have no idea what is going on. More later. Thank you so much for the good advice. Me and my chicks really appreciate it.
Did they do a gram stain?

-Kathy

He didn't say what he did and I didn't know to ask. What is a gram stain? Is it something vets normally do or should I ask for it specifically?

He didn't say what he did and I didn't know to ask. What is a gram stain? Is it something vets normally do or should I ask for it specifically?
Did he give you an itemized bill?

Gram stain

a staining technique for the preliminary identification of bacteria, in which a violet dye is applied, followed by a decolorizing agent and then a red dye. The cell walls of certain bacteria (denoted Gram-positive ) retain the first dye and appear violet, while those that lose it (denoted Gram-negative ) appear red. Also called Gram's method.

He also should have done a direct smear and a fecal float.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom