Watery poops

chipens

Songster
6 Years
Sep 4, 2017
new zealand
I have 5 breeding pens with various breeds all mostly managed the same way, no issues.
A year ago I got some rhode island eggs brought eggs from 2 sources hatched raised etc to start a breeding group. The pen they're in used to be araucanas and they had no issues. They also have contact through netting to another group which have no issues.
Issue is the rhode islands constantly have watery poops, it doesnt seem to be all of them though, a couple look fine, fat healthy chooks.
Through the hatching season I had issues with slipped tendons in the chicks, I presume now a nutrient deficiency in the egg due to the hens feed going straight through them/ not being absorbed.
I have wormed multiple times with no benefit, tried probiotics, different feed, coccidia treatments. Always watery poops, their house always gets so wet inside, compared to the others that are dry.
They drink alot more water than other pens that is what I first noticed.
A few of the hens are now quite thin, obviously nutrition is not being absorbed. They are only a year old and were healthy as chicks and this developed after about 7 to 8 months
Has anyone had this issue or can shed some light??
I'm going to cull the poopers and pretty much start again.

What type of feed are you giving them? Have you wormed them in case they have parasites? They also could have some coccidiosis, and amprollium or Coxoid can treat the
at. Bedding should be kept very dry and stirred, and new bedding added often to prevent it. Are they getting out on grass to free range?

What type of feed are you giving them? Have you wormed them in case they have parasites? They also could have some coccidiosis, and amprollium or Coxoid can treat the
at. Bedding should be kept very dry and stirred, and new bedding added often to prevent it. Are they getting out on grass to free range?
High quality layer pellets, as i said above wormed multiple times, also treated for coccidia. Adding bedding doesn't treat the problem, I'm constantly cleaning out the house.

Back
Top Bottom