Wax on cracked egg, Update on page 3!!!!!

Oh I forgot to say I had two cracked eggs that I got from someone and I used wax , one didnt grow at all and was completly clear by day11 and one that is on day 13 and has a wiggly growing chick.

I pinged two eggs together about a week and a half ago, I left it in there because there was no leakage...

well just the other day that egg was peeping and now i have a fuzzy red chick in my brooder with its siblings perfectly fine and dandy
smile.png
I didnt do anything to the crack, just put it right in and let it alone like nothing was wrong with it. I didnt have the heart to pitch a developing still living egg even though i was concerned it may not make it well it did
smile.png

Thank you all so much, the wax is on, and I don't think I will be candling that one anymore unless there is a smell, I'm afraid to touch it, lol. I'm keepin my fingers crossed!
fl.gif

YAY, I JUST CANDLED, DAY 16, AND THE BABY IS STILL MOVING!!! IT'S ALIVE! WITH THE WAX ON IT WAS HARD TO SEE IN, BUT I'M 90% SURE I SAW MOVEMENT! I'LL UPDATE THIS WEEKEND IF IT HATCHES!

I have to thank you for this thread. Last night while removing eggs from a mailing box, I knocked two eggs together. One developed a teeny tiny crack with no leakage. But I remembered this thread! Grabbed hubby and said, "We need wax and a lighter, hurry!" LOL

You'd think we were doing surgery! But I patched that little crack in a jiffy. Hopefully when I candle in 7 days I'll see some veins! If it wasn't for this thread I probably would have tossed the egg thinking it couldn't be saved.

~Laurie~

I'm glad it helped you, but the real people to thank are all these awesome BYCers who answered, THANKS GUYS!

And, LOL, I know what you mean about preforming surgery, I went diggin through the garage looking for an unscented candle, finaly found one in the shape of a surfboard (Don't ask me where it came from, I have no idea) then we both washed our hands, and I held the egg while Hubby slowly dripped wax over the cracks. We both thought there was no way it would make it, there were quite a few cracks, and we had to use a lot of wax, but I still have movement, so we're hopin she stays strong! Also I have to say, it's now the prettiest egg in the bator!

Back
Top Bottom