Wax on cracked egg, Update on page 3!!!!!

When I was incubating button quail eggs.. And it was time to stop turning them.. When I was taking them out of the turner.. I dropped one and it got a small hole in it that started to bleed a little bit.. I put flour on the egg and made sure it was not bleeding any more... And I chanced, but it back in the bator.. And to my surprise it hatched.. And it is healthy..

IT HATCHED! IT HATCHED!!!!! yup, yesterday my wax covered egg hatched! it spent 10 days with 1/3 of it covered in wax and made it!!

24137_img_3751.jpg

I think this was the chick? but who knows now! LOL

24137_cuckcoo_maran_maybe_2.jpg

WOW that is amazing!!!!!!!

too bad you were unable to mark it, I have done the same thing, tried to keep track of a particular chick amongst others in the bator and then just would blink my eye and poof could not remember which one or recognize which one it was.

Thank you for the update! I'm going to have to remember this with all the children helping we do get cracks now and then it is worth it to keep some candles around if it will save a chick.

congrates on the lucky baby chick, sooo is the name lucky hehe or waxy hehe just kidding i would call it waxy it sounds cute, I learn something on here everyday on here. I put pheasant eggs in my inc. they do have a crack but i did not put anything over them, do you think i should still go do that now?

Back
Top Bottom