1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Way off topic....but...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Frozen Feathers, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I'm just soooo excited, I had to share!!! My daughter, who just turned 2 in June, went pee on the potty all by herself!!! She took off her own diaper and went wee-wee, without any help from me. [​IMG] We had been talking about the potty for a while now, but didn't really want to pressure as we've witnessed kids getting trained too young and then having potty issues later on.
    Okay...so unless you're a Mom you probably wouldn't understand why this is so exciting and think I'm little odd to be so excited. [​IMG]

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Fantastic![​IMG]
    My son (who is now 15) took forever to do everything! Walk, potty train, etc.
    But he is a great guy now!

3. Anne

Anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Wow, congratulations!!!

My first is 9 months -- time is flying, and before I know it, we'll be potty-training too. :eek:

4. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    I hear you on that...I NEVER in my life thought I'd be so happy seeing my kids potty on their own either, but I am!!!!

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I don't have kids...yet. But that's great!!!! I'm happy for you and your daughter. I'm sure (not knowing from experience) that potty training is a great accomplishment. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  6. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So happy for ya!

7. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    That's awesome!![​IMG] Isn't it nice when they start to go on the potty, I find boys take the longest to train though. I can't wait until my youngest (and my last) little guy finally gets out of diapers, he's only 15 months old though, so I've got a little more time to wait!

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

My DH insists that diapers were soooo much easier than having to find a bathroom...He doesn't realize that when we were pregnant we KNEW where all the bathrooms are.
    Congrats on your DD's accomplishment.

9. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

wow thats very clever, congratulations, been there done that, now he is 8!!! but still wont flush!

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think the flush gene is NOT in boys........... [​IMG] my grand Miss Emma . potty trained herself........ I remember I trained my first boy,he trained his little sis....now that was a sight ,my 3rd was forced to train since she had chickenpox everywhere and I mean everywhere so could not wear a diaper and after the first "accident" almost lived in that bathroom.....and for the life of me............I cannot remember who trained my last boy. poor kid had to learn in a group no doubt.......... I do so miss those days of them all being home:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by