Way to secure broken window in garage (theft) ?

Put a wood dowel/or piece of cut wood that would fit from the top of the window to the top of the bottom section of the window....kinda like putting a broomstick or wood piece in the rail of a sliding glass door. The won't be able to get it open that way.

Thanks for the Byc'ers that cared enough to bother and respond. Even kind words makes
the day go better.
sad.png

We screwed boards into the tracks of the windows. Screwed a 2x4 over the
window openings.

We used a motorcycle cable thing attaching the lawn mower, two scooters together.
This will have to do until tomorrow morning so we can find an alarm and motion lights.

rebelcowboysnb-Thanks for the camera idea. I will have to find a wireless version though because
it is a little far for a lan wire. It will also be a good way to watch an incubator too.

Quote:
EEEEWWWW, sorry I hate Ebay! I did check the site for the cameras, need to order some of those for my barn, would be great for Mare Watching for the foals to be born.

rebelcowboysnb= Thanks I know the range of Cat5 cables. I have cable already that can reach there. The problem is that
I would have to either put up a pole or run a trench to the building. The wireless has an expander in the garage already
to use my notebook at my parent's home. (It is almost between our properties. )

We're going to go with the cameras but, put motion sensor spot lights inside the building as well so the whole freaking building lights
up if someone is in there. Motion sensor alarms too.

I have a friend that worked for AT&T and he gave me a large box of cat5 cable
years ago. The connectors are cheap at Radio Shack.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom