Way too early to tell (duh), but not a RIR?

View attachment 2647879The Red one (or any of them really), but specifically the red one for this question. I thought for sure by her coloring when we got them last Wednesday that little Reba here was a RIR. But, as their wings are really starting to feather, I’m thinking not so much. Obviously at a week old, no way to really tell, but any thoughts are appreciated!

I ordered 1 GLW, 1 Delaware (no idea if I really got one, I ended up with 5 white/yellow chicks), 3 EE (I believe 1 of these was my DOA), and 10 mixes (5 rare breed and 5 “production”), so really, they could be anything. Everybody has 4 toes, all but 2 are clean legged (the feathered leg ones were easier to identify, 1 white Cochin, 1 Lt Brahma), no “top hats”, 4 have puffy cheeks. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Whatever they are, we’re happy to have 14 healthy chicks developing some pretty unique colorings and personalities! The white ones are the only ones I have trouble telling apart, at least 3 of them anyway...one has feathered feet and one has light grey tinged fluff.
Definitely a RIR, the coloring in the wings goes and they get older. Mine looked exactly the same at the age 😊

Back
Top Bottom