Ways our husbands (or wives) surprise us (Long).

Yesterday evening, the hubby and I were out working on the coop, trying to put together a door (much more difficult than we thought!). I went inside the coop with a pencil, and he was outside, holding the panel of siding so I could mark the door opening.

From inside the coop I could hear him talking to Sheila (our 12 wk Aussie girl), but couldn't quite catch most of what he was saying. When I finished marking the door and he moved the panel away to let me out I had to laugh because he was standing there with a chicken sitting on his shoulder just like a parrot!
tongue.png

We bought her with another pullet, but both were sick and we lost the other. So she's been raised separate from the other, much younger, chicks...sort of an only child. Therefore, she has decided we are her flock, and she tries to stay as close to us as she can (even on top of us if we hold still long enough). As we've been building the coop, the running joke is that Sheila needs a white hard-hat because she's the supervisor of the project!
smile.png

the fact that mine took a vacation day to be home when the chicks arrived.. that surprised me! And then he got upset when they arrived a day early(after he had left for work on the train) and he had to miss the "opening of the box"

He hasnt said a word to me about having the brooder in the living room. He goes over and watches them and talks to them. He has gone to the barn to feed my horse for me when i was really unable to (roto virus and then my heart attack)

He has become really supportive of becoming more self sufficient, even though we live in a city. Although I dont think I will ever be able to convince him to move to NC or VA. As long as he has his job here I am here as well.

He has however told me things that he did when he was growing up that I think he is going to regret telling me after his birthday in July:plbb

My DH made a beautiful hen house for me!! He dragged his feet about chickens till he saw how much I'd been reading and researching! I think he figured that I had enough gumption to just do it, so he may as well support it!

I've caught him baby-talking at the chickens at least once, and he enjoys watching "his girls" from the house.

Back
Top Bottom