Ways to feed yogurt to your chickens?

Thanks WalkonSunshine and Kelsie,
I will keep the calcium, as two of three have nice shells again. Don't if it was the extra calcium or just their gear started to work at last. They seem not to be worse for any extra calcium and I have always gave them a variety of healthy food since I got them, when they were 8 weeks old.
My daughter just had her after school chicken cuddle. They all come and want to have cuddle on her lap. They are spoiled chookies and we love them.

Watch for hard bumps on the eggshells. That's a classic sign of too much calcium.

I'm glad that they're laying more normally now.

Watch for hard bumps on the eggshells. That's a classic sign of too much calcium.

I'm glad that they're laying more normally now.
Thanks WalkingOnSunshine,
Omelette laid an egg yesterday with one small bump at the bottom of the shell. I have stopped the calcium pills and now am just using the food I give them on its own.
At least I know now they are getting enough in their diet and I think I can put it down as immaturity with their egg laying gear.
They seemed so distressed when they would lay the shellest eggs. I just wanted to do anything I can to improve their situation and to encourage normal egg laying to make them more comfortable.
I am so grateful for more experienced chicken owners advice. I think I have been doing all the right things as I have had canaries and quails for a long time now, but every species have their own needs and problems. It nice to reaffirm what I am doing is right and since I don't know everything yet, new ideas and suggestions are wonderful.
Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom