Ways you make your chicken coop creative and unique

Simplethrift

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 24, 2009
Southern NH
Hi,

I posted this earlier but I think I put it under the wrong topic.

We hang up seasonal wreaths, in the winter we string lights, and we even have a few framed pictures inside our hen house (one of which is a chicken poem). Half the fun of keeping chickens is also having a healthy sense of humor.

I'm working on a magazine article about the ways people have made their hen houses creative, entertaining, and fun.

I'm interested in hearing stories and seeing photos of what unique modifications you've made to your hen house and why.

Thanks in advance for all information.

Wendy Thomas

dxzcqr.jpg

My coop is embellished with assorted decorative items I've found at Thrift Stores and yard sales, as well as a wide variety of flowers! It's really too small to do much inside. Anything hanging on the walls tends to get knocked down. The Girls don't mind. They decorate the walls with poop and feathers...

Last edited:
Quote:
bow.gif
I LOVE your whimsical coop!!! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!

OP - Nothing fancy in mine. I do have a few of the (replica) old tin chicken signs (feeds, brands, etc.) on the walls in my coop. I have a welcome wreath that gets changed out for a Christmas wreath. I do have landscaping around my coop, but it's slow going...I'll add a little more every year.

that is so cute!!! my sister and i are planning to build our own coop as well to fit our 3 hens. yee!!

I had the Amish build me a 12 by 30 cabin with a porch on it. I placed an old rocker on the porch to just sit in and relax. I landscaped out front and purchased a windmill that coordinates the color scheme. Unless the chickens are out in their pens most visitors think it is a 2nd home or guest house!
Dog kennel pens are clean and eye pleasing to use with stone down to keep it from getting muddy and plant bushes that are chicken resistant (is that possible?) Landscaping is the trick to make the coops blend in ..
One of my other smaller barns is painted 2 tone and has 2 large tin stars on it. I built a curved pen to follow line of landscaping already there and in summer it is shaded and obscure. I love the wisteria vine it goes up and over and makes great shade.

me too!! thinking about using your idea with thevines for our run....hmmmmm

Quote:
I would love to see a pic or more of this!!!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom