Ways you make your chicken coop creative and unique

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Simplethrift, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Kibchooks

Kibchooks Hatching

Jun 11, 2010
    Cyprus
    I know it isn't pretty!... but my coop has a draw-bridge that doubles up as a door. Is this unique? or do others have something similar?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. KindNepenthe

KindNepenthe In the Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    Quote:I have to say, I LOVE your coop! The bright colors and eclectic feel are just my style. We have the same look inside our house and wanted to do something similar but a bit more neutral with our coop. Very lovely!

3. Zoomom

Zoomom Certified Cackleberry Consumer

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    All I have in the current coop are some farm theme ceramic tiles as wall hangings inside, a bush outside the door and a trellis with flowers and (if they grow) sweet peas out front to hide the view from the neighbors.
    The new coop I am currently building will be old barn board stained a dark colour with white trellis around the bottom. I will probably hang something on the doors, but I don't know what yet.

4. TripleH

TripleH In the Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    People love to check out our coop-they
    get a kick out of the old T.V. I painted
    a picture on and hung in the corner. I did
    this as a joke as people thought the coop
    was too nice for chickens, we now say that's
    nothing they're in their watching T.V. now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. franklinchickens

franklinchickens Songster

May 19, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    We have put a green roof (4 separate beds actually) on our coop & run. It's not completely finished but I will be posting pics when it is. We are working on finishing touches like additional paint, latches, etc. Here it is in progress:
    [​IMG]

6. calista

calista Songster

Jan 27, 2010
  7. calista

calista Songster

Jan 27, 2010
  8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I think a couple on that link are BYCers! We've got some real creative folks.

9. jojo54

jojo54 Songster

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    neat ideas! [​IMG]

10. tasymo

tasymo Songster

Jul 24, 2008
    Mulliken
    @Frankinchickens ~ What will you be planting in your green roofs? I love this idea! Succulents like Hens and Chicks would be quite appropriate, don't you think? I'll be watching for your finished pics!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: