Wazine/Ivermectrin paste

tracyo

Hatching
May 16, 2015
Hi,

I just wormed for the first time with Wazine 17 (7 2yr old chickens) and know I need to follow up with Ivermectrin in 10 days. my question is, I have Safe Guard 10% ivermec (for my horses) and was wondering if I can use this product on my girlsand if so, how much should I use and how do I give it to them?

Hi,

I just wormed for the first time with Wazine 17 (7 2yr old chickens) and know I need to follow up with Ivermectrin in 10 days. my question is, I have Safe Guard 10% ivermec (for my horses) and was wondering if I can use this product on my girlsand if so, how much should I use and how do I give it to them?

Welcome to BYC. Forget the ivermectin, it's ineffective against poultry worms. You are referring to Safeguard 10% equine paste. There is no such thing as Safeguard 10% ivermec.
Give your hens a regular "pea" size amount of the Safeguard equine paste orally to each hen.
Next time you worm your hens, consider giving them valbazen or safeguard liquid wormer, much easier to administer and there will be no need to use wazine.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Forget the ivermectin, it's ineffective against poultry worms. You are referring to Safeguard 10% equine paste. There is no such thing as Safeguard 10% ivermec.
Give your hens a regular "pea" size amount of the Safeguard equine paste orally to each hen.
Next time you worm your hens, consider giving them valbazen or safeguard liquid wormer, much easier to administer and there will be no need to use wazine.

Thank you for the info! I was wrong the paste is indeed not ivermectin, it's fenbendazole. So, pea size drop sublingual 10 from the time I gave Wazine. Thanks again!
Happy trails

Back
Top Bottom