wazine x question please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ams4776, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

So the wazine x instructions are for 100 chickens.....should i cut back dosage for my 4 chickens or do it as instructed. The guy at tractor supply said cut it back but sometimes those guys dont have a clue. Thanks they def have the worms so need to get it done.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Put one ounce of Wazine in one gallon of water. It doesn't matter how many chickens are drinking it, it is the same dosage. Do it in the morning so that they have all day to drink it. Make sure everybody gets a healthy dose of it. Only use if for one day, the next day give them fresh clean water. [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:x2

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Also, you might want to follow up in 2 weeks with some Safeguard. The Wazine won't get all the worms but it is good to start with. Use the Safeguard in 2 weeks to rid them of the worms the Wazine didn't get. Just put a tiny bee bee sized drop on a piece of bread and only give them one piece each, once. That should rid them of all worms. [​IMG]

5. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately as for the treats thy dont get individual treats and fight when we do a few at a time. So anyother i can put in their water?

6. Covey Rise Plantation

Covey Rise Plantation Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    Camilla
    I'ts the same dosage, 1 oz per gallon of water... But actually they only need about 1 1/2 oz of this mixture to be effective

7. Covey Rise Plantation

Covey Rise Plantation Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    Camilla
    Also, you might want to follow up in 2 weeks with some Safeguard. The Wazine won't get all the worms but it is good to start with. Use the Safeguard in 2 weeks to rid them of the worms the Wazine didn't get. Just put a tiny bee bee sized drop on a piece of bread and only give them one piece each, once. That should rid them of all worms

A one time dose of fenbendazole in chickens is not very effective...

8. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Take their water away the night before you administer the Wazine to make sure they drink the medicated water in the morning.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by