Wazup in NY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 4chickps, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 4chickps

4chickps Hatching

Jun 10, 2009
    Long Island
    Wazup in NY is that we brought home the "leftovers" from my son's biology class!

This morning I brought home 4 cute, fuzzy little yellow chicks which are the product of an egg hatching lab in my son's high school biology class

If they were sexed correctly, they are all female. Not sure what kind of chickens they are. I don't remember when my son said they hatched, I'll have to ask him later when he gets home from school. But if my memory is right, I think 3 weeks ago.

We have set up temporary living quarters for them inside and will work on building a coop and run for them over the next few weeks or so.

I have 4 kids and since the chicks are just "so cute" they can't keep their hands off of them. My oldest daughter is into photograpy and has snapped I don't know how many pictures of them already. I'll have her upload them to the computer and post them.

We know very little about keeping chickens but am very excited that I found this forum. There is such a wealth of information here and I'm sure I will find all answers and support I need.

Sue in NY

Married, living on Long Island, working part time and managing a home with 4 kids (homeschooling 2), 4 chicks, a dog, lizard, rabbit and guinea pig.

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    [​IMG] Good luck with your new babies! Can't wait to see pics. [​IMG] (hint, hint) [​IMG]

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    [​IMG] from the UK

6. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] - yeah - where are the pics? Can't wait to see them!

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Sue [​IMG] from S. Florida. Happy you joined us here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: