Wazup in NY

4chickps

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Long Island
Wazup in NY is that we brought home the "leftovers" from my son's biology class!

This morning I brought home 4 cute, fuzzy little yellow chicks which are the product of an egg hatching lab in my son's high school biology class

If they were sexed correctly, they are all female. Not sure what kind of chickens they are. I don't remember when my son said they hatched, I'll have to ask him later when he gets home from school. But if my memory is right, I think 3 weeks ago.

We have set up temporary living quarters for them inside and will work on building a coop and run for them over the next few weeks or so.

I have 4 kids and since the chicks are just "so cute" they can't keep their hands off of them. My oldest daughter is into photograpy and has snapped I don't know how many pictures of them already. I'll have her upload them to the computer and post them.

We know very little about keeping chickens but am very excited that I found this forum. There is such a wealth of information here and I'm sure I will find all answers and support I need.

Sue in NY

Married, living on Long Island, working part time and managing a home with 4 kids (homeschooling 2), 4 chicks, a dog, lizard, rabbit and guinea pig.

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom