We added Sepastopol Geese!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
We just got this group on Monday. Parent stock came from Holderreads, and these are last year's goslings. Their breeder had sold off all her stock last year except these four. She said she kept the best of her best '09 hatchlings.

Unfortunately, her Great Pyr puppy started flossing his teeth on them, and so they are a little beat up due to that, but they are still beautiful to me!

Trust me, they look much better than this when they are NOT missing feathers! I saw them last year in full feather dress, and they are gorgeous!

I now have a smooth breasted gander over two curly breasted white - one of which carries the color gene, and one curly breasted blue.

14550_bluesebbie.jpg

14550_sebbiequad.jpg

The one with blue kote across her shoulders and wing area was the one picked at the worst, but her feathers are already starting to grow back in.

Well, the blue goose laid 1 egg on Monday before we picked them up, but no eggs since.

I'm hoping mine start a nest soon!

Today at feeding time, they met me at the gate. Unlike my Embdens who run to the far end of their yard while I'm feeding.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom