We are back!

I'd also recommend looking into building an open-air coop since you pretty much share the same weather as I do. These fully closed in coops that you see people using up north don't work well for us down here.
Already started looking at DIY builds, since it looks way cheaper and better suited!

The chicks sexed? I cant have a rooster here.

Just googled, pullets are sexed, st runs are not!

Already started looking at DIY builds, since it looks way cheaper and better suited!

The chicks sexed? I cant have a rooster here.

Just googled, pullets are sexed, st runs are not!
I order only females and I've only received one accidental rooster.

So the only issue is they require $30 dollars minimum to order and I only need 6-8 chicks, which is not over that.
I haven't ordered chicks in a while but the last time I did there was a way to pay a few dollars extra to order a smaller amount of chicks.

I haven't ordered chicks in a while but the last time I did there was a way to pay a few dollars extra to order a small amount of checks.
Ok cool, I will contact their support and see. Also I REALLY like the design below, looks easy to build and open air.

1634569965601.png

Ok cool, I will contact their support and see. Also I REALLY like the design below, looks easy to build and open air.

View attachment 2869892
Just remember you do not want to waste money on chicken wire.
Use half inch hardware cloth on everything.
Leave no openings bigger than a half inch anywhere.
Hardware cloth can get expensive quick but Will prevent rats unlike chicken wire.

I agree with Kiki. Most commercial hatcheries now will let you order fewer chicks but may charge a little more for a smaller order. I haven't ordered any chicks from a hatchery in many years. I am a breeder and hatch out a few hundred chicks every year. Most hatcheries have a 90% accuracy guarantee so there is always a chance. Many years ago like Kiki, only once did I get a male. I have ordered chicks from Ideal and had a good experience with them. A lot of the times if the hatcheries send extra chicks with your order they will stick in some male chicks. Again, good luck...

Back
Top Bottom