We are getting exited!

Wow, thanks for the complements. As for the font color of my blog, I am not sure what to say. When I go to the edit, or just type in the web address, either way, when it opens the font is chocolate brown on a white background. It must be the web browser you are using showing it up as orange. I don't know what I could change it to other than maybe black that would ok with the browser you are using. Maybe I will just make it black.

Tim

I don't mind at all. My intent was to help people see that with the right building materials, and a little creativity, you can build a nice house very inexpensibly. In the actual structure, not including land, well or septic, we will have about $16,000 .00 total. The really sickening thing is, the well driller is meeting us tomorrow, and his preliminary estimate is about 9 to 10 thousand for the well. The septic, I will put in, and should be right around 3 thousand. So total house, excluding land....about $29,000.00 complete and ready to move in.

Thanks for the interest.
Tim and Leslie

I don't mind at all. My intent was to help people see that with the right building materials, and a little creativity, you can build a nice house very inexpensibly. In the actual structure, not including land, well or septic, we will have about $16,000 .00 total. The really sickening thing is, the well driller is meeting us tomorrow, and his preliminary estimate is about 9 to 10 thousand for the well. The septic, I will put in, and should be right around 3 thousand. So total house, excluding land....about $29,000.00 complete and ready to move in.

Thanks for the interest.
Tim and Leslie
Wow, I am just floored. That is so incredible!!! Ok I am struggling with words here. My husband is terminal and I am trying to think ahead, as we now rent a 3 bedroom house on 3 acres. When I am alone I want a small place and my birds. And my maltese Micro. That's it. I don't want to be here without him.

Your new home is incredible and the cost is so doable. Thank you for sharing that.
\
ETA: Anyone that wishes to offer sympathy, there is seperate thread for that. I don't wanna hijack this one.

Last edited:
There is a master bedroom off the back. The main part of the house is 20X20. Then there is a 10X14 Bedroom off the back of that which is the bedroom. The intent of the loft is for the grandkids to come and stay now and then.

Tim

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that! This is what close to what we are planning for our retirement size home, but in order to get my husband to agree with his bad knees he has to have a first floor master
big_smile.png

I could see downsizing. I'm just starting out at 26 but my husband and I are on the Dave Ramsey program. We'll have 100% of our debt (which was just 2 cars and a tractor) paid off in a year. Then we pile on the savings and investments. We've already been investing in the stock market since we married (I was 18) so we'll be on our way to retiring as millionaires. At least that is the plan. ;)

I think a small house would be the BEST as a woman in retirement. I already hate cleaning I can't imagine cleaning a huge house no one uses.

Hickory, not sure about your area or anything but have you thought about adding a few windmills???? My husband figures 2 windmills would take us off the power grid but I live in Wyoming and it's hurricane winds all the time.

Back
Top Bottom