We are legal!!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by tamlynn, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tamlynn

tamlynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Torrance, CA
    Yippee!!!

I just found out my application for a special permit to keep chickens was granted!! [​IMG] The animal control officer in charge of my case was very sweet. She had to interview 28 of my neighbors (I don't know nearly that many of my neighbors) and no one was opposed to me having chickens.

My petition was specifically for Bantam hens, and now I can keep up to 3 at any given time. Our city ordinance has a limit of 4 pets total, 3 of the same species.

Now I can go chicken shopping and get my poor little banty a friend!

Thanks to everyone here who helped me with my letters to the city. I appreciate this support.

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    That's great-crazy that it's only 4 pets total-I would be in trouble! 28 is a lot of neighbors to have to ask-wow!

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Congratulations. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Now the hard part begins. Trying to decide what to get, and trying to keep it at three. I don't think I'm strong enough to do it.

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Happy chickie shopping [​IMG]

6. HeartLunger

HeartLunger Out Of The Brooder

Quote:Congratulations!

There's a sign that government has gotten too big; when you have to fight for your God given rights...ridiculous.

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Congrats! Weird about the 3 though.

8. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

That's WONDERFUL......

Now go get your chickens!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you think your town would know that a silkie is the same species as a barred rock? I bet you could get away with 4, if you were creative...

Congrats on the permit!!! and have fun.

10. tamlynn

tamlynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks everyone!

Vermontgal -I'm already going to push my luck with 6 baby chicks until they are old enough to figure out which ones I want to keep. And I like your signature. Most of my fruits and veggies are in the backyard except for avocados and lemons!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by