We are semi tired of quail

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Key word there semi,
smile.png
. This weekend we processed about 130 A&M Coturnix. We hatched 4 groups of 96 eggs each about 17 to 18 days apart. As soon as one group hatched we loaded up another. The "plan" was to process them in smaller numbers of 20 or 30 at a time but we always had something else going and they kept getting pushed back to another day. It came to a head and we needed grow out pen space so we labled last weekend quail weekend.

lesson learned- don't hatch them out so close together.

Steve in NC

Hehehehe... every time I think I have too many, someone comes and wipes me out. I hatch every weekend!

Quote:
If you hatch them they will grow out!
smile.png

LOL "if you build it ....."
gig.gif

yeah well my pens are full now so...
lau.gif

There you go.... time to empty them and start over. With what we hatched and processed we figure we can have quail once a week until fall and then do it again. Should I post the dinner schedule so you guys can plan your trips for dinner?

Steve

Quote:
LOL "if you build it ....."
gig.gif

yeah well my pens are full now so...
lau.gif

There you go.... time to empty them and start over. With what we hatched and processed we figure we can have quail once a week until fall and then do it again. Should I post the dinner schedule so you guys can plan your trips for dinner?

Steve

Um, yes.
big_smile.png

Quote:

Steve

Um, yes.
big_smile.png

Okie Dokie

Tonight we will be serving

Bar B que - from the picnic ham we cooked on the grill in Saturday
oven baked french fries
home made cole slaw

Tuesday
Grilled turkey breast fillet- probably a white holland.
something out of the garden

Wedesday
I'll get back to you
smile.png

Steve

Back
Top Bottom