We better not have another rooster!

GulfGal

Chirping
May 30, 2020
This one is large with thick legs! Another rooster or a big hen? We just had to give the other rooster away today, now I’m worried about this one! 😢 The one on the very right of the picture...

Attachments

• AE2026F3-DB89-4A2A-B094-489E67DAFA2B.jpeg
    AE2026F3-DB89-4A2A-B094-489E67DAFA2B.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 61
The two on the right look like Easter Eggers especially if those are puffy cheeks I see in the pic. If your suspected cockerel has a prominent three row pea comb that’s another ‘indication’ that he is a cockerel. If it starts getting bigger and redder quicker than the other chick, you may have another cockerel. EEs can be tricky so you’ll need to wait a few more weeks to be sure.

The two on the right look like Easter Eggers especially if those are puffy cheeks I see in the pic. If your suspected cockerel has a prominent three row pea comb that’s another ‘indication’ that he is a cockerel. If it starts getting bigger and redder quicker than the other chick, you may have another cockerel. EEs can be tricky so you’ll need to wait a few more weeks to be sure.

Thank you! I thought the store said they were Leghorns 🤷🏼‍♀️ I bet the girl working didn’t know and guessed... that’s okay but the heartache is having to give the roosters away, they said all pullets 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ok, but you have a few more weeks before they start crowing. You have plenty of time to determine the sex before that.

I just called them EEs because they appear to have muffs and maybe a beard but I can’t tell for sure from the pic. Do they? With green legs, they aren’t leghorns.

I’ll get some close ups and post, you guys are so great... thank you!

Back
Top Bottom