We better not have another rooster!

Ok, but you have a few more weeks before they start crowing. You have plenty of time to determine the sex before that.

I just called them EEs because they appear to have muffs and maybe a beard but I can’t tell for sure from the pic. Do they? With green legs, they aren’t leghorns.

Here’s a couple pics...

Attachments

• C10A6B30-D12D-40C2-ADB6-7BF5B6B316A4.jpeg
    C10A6B30-D12D-40C2-ADB6-7BF5B6B316A4.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 12
  • FD5F922D-7ECB-4C78-85B5-570902F87505.jpeg
    FD5F922D-7ECB-4C78-85B5-570902F87505.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
So far, it looks like a little pullet. Just watch for the comb to start getting bigger and redder as an indicator of a cockerel. As long as she continues to have that same color pattern in her feathers that she has now and that comb stays pale and small, she’s a pullet. As long as one of your EEs is a pullet you should be able to tell soon if one is a cockerel. The differences will become apparent in a couple more weeks.

So far, it looks like a little pullet. Just watch for the comb to start getting bigger and redder as an indicator of a cockerel. As long as she continues to have that same color pattern in her feathers that she has now and that comb stays pale and small, she’s a pullet. As long as one of your EEs is a pullet you should be able to tell soon if one is a cockerel. The differences will become apparent in a couple more weeks.

Thank you 😀

Thank you 😀
You’re welcome, but I’m about to ruin your day.
That Barred Rock (I think) might be a cockerel. If that’s a large white spot on its head then that means they are cockerels. I’m not good with Barred anything so I recommend you post your first pic along with a pic taken looking down on the chick and start a new thread on that one. I’d title it “Barred Rock pullet or cockerel”. That will get the Barred experts involved and they will know for sure the breed of the bird and the sex (hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom