We did it !!!!!! pics.......

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

nice coop op:)

Well first of all, I like the huge clean out door.
However nest boxes needn't be so big. Plus they should be dark. They should not be so big birds can stand and turn around. The point being boxes too big, can lend themselves to egg eating.
I think I read "silkies". Silkies are not good flyers as far as I know, so they might have a hard time "flying" up to the nest boxes.

As for a place to walk in front of them? Right now I'm haveing a problem with young birds wanting to roost in from of the nest boxes and filling them with poo at night. I'd read about this problem but thought, "that won't happen to me". Well it has and now I either have to clean them out each morning or devise a way to keep the birds from roosting in front of them. Just thought you should know.

I do think you've done a really nice job just the same. Of course with the "breed" of chicken I see in the picture? None of this should matter.
lol.png
Nice job.

Wishing you happy and sucessful chicken keeping.

Rancher

Beautiful coop! The run looks the same as my 10x10 chicken run (Sold as a dog run) my only advice is racoon proof it!!! Wire roof and burried fencing, 6" down tucked under the fence and about a foot or so wide. Trust me it is so worth it! Nothing worse than seeing what a coon will do to your flock! also, that is alot of chickens for that size run, I had 3 bantam hens, (Before the racoons!) probably could have housed a couple more, I have 3 full sized chickens now, good luck and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom