We finished!!

That is a beautiful coop and run, and everyone from chickens to kids to dogs look very happy.
big_smile.png
Well done!

BTW, I love your basset hound, he is adorable. We have a female basset, best dogs ever!

Yours is AWESOME!!!!! I just finished posting the one we finished and I am in AWE of yours! I don't want my husband to see yours though...I may find him out there remodeling....
clap.gif

clap.gif
GREAT JOB!!!
clap.gif

Thanks for sharing. You should be proud of what a nice job you all did. I know what you mean - I wasn't nearly as keen on the idea of keeping chickens as my husband was, but I have to admit, we're both addicted now. It has been one of the best and most enjoyable things we've done in over 25 years of married life. We're getting ready to build a new chicken house, so your pictures were very inspirational.

Beth

New2Peeps - I don't have any plans that I could submit. We just started building and adding, then added some more, and a little more. Just let your mind wander! Thanks to everyone for the super nice comments. We'll keep everyone posted if we add or change anything else.

Ryan

HillbillyHen - thanks for the advise on the lamp. I never thought of that! I will secure it tonight. All of you people on this site are so nice and helpful, that we're (the whole family) in total awe. We feel like we have some type of new extended 'chicken family'. Thanks to all!

ellieroo,

How did you secure sunshade and what wire was used to cover top of run???

The sunshade is secured with screw eyes screwed into the tops of the panel rail then light duty chain from the screw eyes to the gromets in the sunshade.

There is no wire on the top of the run. Just the 70% sunshade. So the top of the enclosure is open about 6" all the way around, since the enclosure is 16' x 16' and I ordered the sunshade 15' 6" x 15' 6". I figured if a chicken can fly out of that then they deserve to be free....
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom