We got a hedgehog last week! Cute pics!

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
We used to have hamsters, and often, we would take out the hamsters in the evening and play with them as a family, but as hamsters do, they got older and passed at 2-2.5 years which is pretty good for a ham. We’ve been without a small caged mammal for 2 years or so, and I had my blind quail in the living room and then my buttons, but you can’t really play with them like the hammies, and hubby hated the dust. A couple weeks ago we saw some hedgies in the pet store, and I got the fever hard. I had a hedgie myself as a teen, and I really love them. I decided I wanted one again, but I needed to move the quail to the basement, which looked like some kind of hoarders nightmare lol. I spent a week, cleaned out the basement, and moved the quail downstairs to what hubby now calls the bird room (laundry room) and then we picked out a little hedgie. We named him Captain Marshmallow, (my kids are 8 and 9), he’s about 4-5 months old, and he is the cutest, sweetest little thing:

4D924E2C-B406-4786-978F-DF9A27FF3FD4.jpeg

7C753AF2-702C-4C47-B724-9D2DF78C1AAB.jpeg

73B13B9C-1BF5-4358-8B50-6E8AFA2FE053.jpeg

0D6CCE0A-D903-464D-AA64-1EFA4B84FA18.jpeg

6391083D-120B-4A9F-811F-2195342DA2C1.jpeg

EA2A64C8-6872-48CA-8FC2-5ACC60305D02.jpeg

8E655974-0A41-41AB-B5C7-A0B06399B689.jpeg

6CF9D317-EBBF-4FC2-B014-E6977A542234.jpeg

He’s very friendly, we can all hold and carry him without him huffing and prickling up. as long as we don’t move fast or make sudden noises he nearly never hides his face, and I’ve been using my hamster method of taming, where I don’t give any treats unless he gets them from a person directly, and today when I went to wipe his wheel clean, he heard me and came running out of his hide for some treats. We couldn’t be happier, he is a great little family pet.

We used to have hamsters, and often, we would take out the hamsters in the evening and play with them as a family, but as hamsters do, they got older and passed at 2-2.5 years which is pretty good for a ham. We’ve been without a small caged mammal for 2 years or so, and I had my blind quail in the living room and then my buttons, but you can’t really play with them like the hammies, and hubby hated the dust. A couple weeks ago we saw some hedgies in the pet store, and I got the fever hard. I had a hedgie myself as a teen, and I really love them. I decided I wanted one again, but I needed to move the quail to the basement, which looked like some kind of hoarders nightmare lol. I spent a week, cleaned out the basement, and moved the quail downstairs to what hubby now calls the bird room (laundry room) and then we picked out a little hedgie. We named him Captain Marshmallow, (my kids are 8 and 9), he’s about 4-5 months old, and he is the cutest, sweetest little thing:

View attachment 3015368
View attachment 3015369
View attachment 3015371
View attachment 3015372
View attachment 3015373
View attachment 3015374
View attachment 3015375
View attachment 3015379

He’s very friendly, we can all hold and carry him without him huffing and prickling up. as long as we don’t move fast or make sudden noises he nearly never hides his face, and I’ve been using my hamster method of taming, where I don’t give any treats unless he gets them from a person directly, and today when I went to wipe his wheel clean, he heard me and came running out of his hide for some treats. We couldn’t be happier, he is a great little family pet.
OHMYGOODNESS! He's adorable! I love hedgies!😍

View attachment 3015368
View attachment 3015369
View attachment 3015371
View attachment 3015372
View attachment 3015373
View attachment 3015374
View attachment 3015375
View attachment 3015379

OH MY GOD HE IS ADORABLEEEE! congrats and no words he’s like ❤️❤️❤️🥴

Last night he dumped his little water bowl. I’ve been meaning to make him a drinker like my buttons have, but hadn’t gotten around to it. I put his food and water on a patio block so that he couldn’t nose under it and dump it, so he got behind it and pushed it off haha. Now that he learned, I’m sure he’ll do it again, so I made the drinker:
CB6F0C11-BD9B-4654-9D56-73F0ED9E2BC8.jpeg

It’s bungee corded to the wall of the cage so he can’t dump it, and I was happy to see him drinking from it without putting his feet in it, I was hoping it would be too small for the footsy drink, and it seems to be a success. He puts his little feet on the block and drinks daintily from the cup 🥰

Here’s a cute pic:
64C300C0-17FC-4481-86E8-7295BE3F9377.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom