We got flurries!

Flurries? Up here in Fannin County, the schools were closed. Snowed all day, on and off, and we have about 3 inches here at 2000 ft. This is why I hate snow-it's a mucky, wet, slippery mess between the house and the coops. I've almost slid down the hill several times today. It wont dry out for a week. Yuck.

EDITED TO ADD: I've lived in Utah, Colorado and Ohio, so I've had my fill of snow!

Last edited:
Yeah, stinks Atlanta sometimes gets better snow than we do. I told me son we'll go looking for snow this year. I remember the blizzard of 93. Our heat had gone out the day before and the heat and air guy was trying to get our heat back up before the roads got to bad for him to leave. Thank goodness he did. But we ended up losing power anyway for awhile.

We are on the Eastern Lake shore of Michigan-- about 45 minutes North of Muskegon.... so far we have about 8-10 inches of heavy wet snow. Most everything is closed-- but the schools stayed open, and it took from the 3:00 dismissal until 4:40 for them to get home!
barnie.gif

And I actually got "Stuck" in the coop! Was out blu-Koting some gals and feeding everyone ... and when I went to leave-- I opened the door to a whiteout! So-- I settled-in for about 20 minutes (to their delight!) and then trudged back to the house (About 100ft away)

Worst part for me.... Hubby was picked-up yesterday (a day early) TO go back to Saginaw with his Mum who's been visiting other family up past Bear Lake. She had heard about today's snow and didn't want to go the extra 80 miles out of the way to come get him (He's going on HER request to do some work at her house)
What I don't get, is that instead of going HOME-- she took him BACK up North to spend the night!!!??? What sense did THAT make??
he.gif

Yeah-- it's a straight shot on the highway, but they KNEW about the snow coming, and are now SNOWED IN!!!
So instead of a simple 3 day trip-- he'll be gone all week....
yes- I was looking forward to the quite time, but he is on meds and only has enough for 5 days with him...so am pretty concerned.
fl.gif

Here's to all you fellow "Snow Bunnies"... Hang in there!!!
Stay warm, and stay safe!!!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yeah, I know Wilson and Nash are next to each other
lol.png
. I moved here from there in 2004. In fact, my ex husband is pretty much the biggest celebrity in Rocky Mount. One of the biggest reasons I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
gig.gif

Quote:
We were watching weather channel this morning and they mentioned that y'all were getting snow. I told my SO, yep speckled is out tending chickens in that **** today. Sorry, but I laughed about it.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom