We got our first "wind" egg

PrairieChickens

Songster
7 Years
Jun 29, 2012
Kansas
Part of the fun of having chickens for their eggs are the unusual surprises you get now and then. We've had double-yolked eggs, eggs (with one yolk) too big to fit in a jumbo carton, and then today, we got this.

I keep a tally of the number of eggs we get each day, but now I'm not sure how to count this one? 1/2? It was priceless showing it to dad and seeing the reaction on his face when I brought it in.

I don't know if it's small enough to be counted as a 'wind' egg...it just looks like a smaller egg than usual. Does it have a yolk?

I don't see why not, especially if you only want egg whites in the first place. I'm a fan of yolk myself, though, so I didn't have much use for it. lol

Thanks, I have 9 hens and only 1 that just started laying on the 19th, gotten 3 little eggs so far.

Well we had our 3 little eggs for breakfast this morning, all 3 had yolks and were great. No eggs yet today and I did not buy any at the grocery today. Oh well, what's for breakfast tomorrow? It's been 6 days and only 3 so far.

Back
Top Bottom