We got some Dr. Seuss "Sneetch's"

tri-5-ron

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Orange County
I went up to the feed store yesterday to pick up some supplies, and the store owner (who knows I have a fairly large coop), told me she had some "homeless chicks", that needed some love. she said they were free to a good home, and had just come to her within the last hour or so.
I took a look at them, and just started cracking up. Funniest looking critters I had seen, and looking like they had just walked off the pages of a Dr. Seuss book.
I knew my 10 y.o. daughter would instantly fall in love, (but I also knew my wife would frown at getting more chickens).
Being the highly experienced, and learned hubby that I am, I know that "Forgiveness" is much easier to obtain than "Permission".
And besides, what do I care what my wife says, as long as my daughter loves me,....... right? LOL!
(Now reading this, you can well imagine, my wife does not know I typing this), and if she reads it, I'm a dead man for sure LOL!!!

Anyway,
I told the store owner that I'd take 3 of the funny fuzzy creatures, and would give them a good home.
when I got home, my wife and daughter were in the kitchen, as I walked in with the box.
As expected, my wife frowned with that familiar look of "what have you done now ?"
and my daughter was giddy and excited as to what was in the large box.

I opened the box and lifted one of the fuzzballs out, and it stretched out it's neck towards my daughter.
She started laughing and said "They look just like Sneetches, I love them !"

(it only took about 30 minutes for my wife to warm up to them, and all is well now, hahaha)

my daughter has named this one Cruella DeVille....

this one is now named Sylvia, (because she looks silver in color)

And this one is just "Sneetch"...

so lets see,
now for our "critter count",
we have 2 dogs, 2 tortoises, 10 fish, 9 chickens, 2 "sneetches",
(and a 4H project piggy coming in a few weeks).

my wife just cringes now, every time I head out the driveway in my "pick-em-up truck" !
LOL ! ! !

Last edited:
Your daughter looks like she really likes them. And we have 4 kids, the oldest our one and only girl and my husband adores her and I think sometimes has the same idea as you do.

whoooah! They are SO ugly/cute that I just adore them! They would make my husband go "eeeeeks!"
ep.gif
and get all wigged out... hence I like them even more.
lau.gif

Those are the coolest looking birds EVER! No wonder your daughter likes them. And they are very interesting looking. Your wife married a great husband. You have a wonderful sense of humor and whimsy. And you married a great wife! She is to be commended for her patience.

Back
Top Bottom