We got, "The Letter", from the City. Hows my response?

Quote:
I'm quite confused, what negative comments?

the mutt comment by red98 and the free rangeing comment by onthespot. I just don't want missouri to worry and these comments can cause that.

reminds me of my mother, I introduced her to a friend of mine and she commented "she'd be a pretty girl if she didn't have buck teeth". Right in front of her!

Their comment it's a nice letter but..................
I am free to disagree, and offer words of encouragement instead, aren't I?

Quote:

the mutt comment by red98 and the free rangeing comment by onthespot. I just don't want missouri to worry and these comments can cause that.

reminds me of my mother, I introduced her to a friend of mine and she commented "she'd be a pretty girl if she didn't have buck teeth". Right in front of her!

You're free to do anything you want
wink.png

I see them as constructive criticism, not negative comments so that's why I was confused. Thank you for clarifying.

Quote:

The OP did put "How's my response?" in the title of the post; that sounds to me like an open invitation for constructive critisizm.

Anyway, I hope everything goes well tonight! I'll say a prayer for you!
fl.gif

The original post read to me as someone wanting to be sure that the letter was well writte to convince the city to approve an exception to their regulations, and was therefore asking folks to read and comment to that any phrasing or points that might be detrimental could be modifed, removed or rephrased so as to present the strongest case in a positive manner.

Therefore comments about specific phrasing is not mean-spirited but exactly what was requested. To sit back, read and privately think, "hmmm, that word might trigger some negative ideas," but then praise the letter, or simply wish good luck without expressing the concern is not helpful.

I often ask others to proof and edit my letters.

Back
Top Bottom