We had a peacock show up about a month ago he's gotten so comfortable around my husband and i. He s

Should we try a make a winter house for him or since he is wild he will know ehat to do

• Winter house

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave him free

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I think it depends on where you are located. My
avatar shows 2 pea hens given to me by a friend,(this all started in October last year) , a few months later I traded a goose for a Cock. I now have 2 peachicks. So it has been a lot of fun. I have a barn I let them roost in. When it gets cold they have so far went into the barn. On hot nights the cock would roost in a tree. He does have a missing toe that I imagine is from frostbite. I say do the best you can with what you have. Keeping in mind what you are after in the end. Then Let Go and let things develop.

When he see's I have peanuts he actually runs over to me

I would leave it at that! My mother leaves food out occasionally for her wild animals turkeys, squirrels, deer mostly and we leave them just that. Just nice to watch.

When he see's I have peanuts he actually runs over to me
I have a peacock that showed up about 7yrs ago. He is still here and I haven’t built him a pen of any kind. I’ve even had hens show up and figured he might wander off but nope he’s still here. He sleeps in the trees rain, snow etc.. I did wrangle him up once during a hurricane. He just hangs out all day with my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom