We had ducklings hatch today! One very exhausted - advice appreciated! :)

Thanks Orca <3

The Mum that caused the issue has now been put out with our male. They have been freeranging some of the day happily, now she has started creating another nest of her own in the old kennel they used to sleep in. I guess I just leave her to it since she must still be broody? I feel bad for her. And I feel bad for the other mums who now only have one duckling between them. The duckling goes between both of them but mainly stays with our girl Coco. Our other girl Princess is still sitting tight on her nest, I really do hope she hatches at least one baby for herself

Last edited:
I'm very sorry this happened, Too many feet and mamas can cause havoc as you have found out. I'm relieved to hear one of the ducks has been removed, hopefully you'll get more ducklings so the remaining one will have some buddies. I wish you the best.
hugs.gif

Thanks Miss Lydia, definitely a lesson learned for us, shame it had to be such a hard one :(

This afternoon we managed to pick up a couple of eggs I was going to candle to see if anything is going on...suddenly one started rocking around pretty hard in my hand and I could hear and feel it tapping...I'm also pretty sure I heard a few peeps! So hopefully another one is on the way as a little sibling :)

Great news that it sounds like there will be at least one more little guy for you! Little bit of sunshine for you after such a tough day. :)

Thanks Miss Lydia, definitely a lesson learned for us, shame it had to be such a hard one
sad.png

This afternoon we managed to pick up a couple of eggs I was going to candle to see if anything is going on...suddenly one started rocking around pretty hard in my hand and I could hear and feel it tapping...I'm also pretty sure I heard a few peeps! So hopefully another one is on the way as a little sibling
smile.png
So exciting let us know as soon as you know, both moms in there now are relaxed and content sharing? very important .It's awesome to feel and hear those littles inside the egg isn't it.

@Miss Lydia Yes both mums are totally relaxed and happy sharing in there :) They've separated their nests with a food bowl in between them now too.

I've just woken up so I'm about to go and check if there have been any developments over night :)

Nothing yet! Although the mummas not too keen to get up so I can have a look :D Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow.... Arrrggg the waiting game is hard!

Other little baby is having the time of it's life though, it's a very happy little duck :)

Back
Top Bottom