We have a baby :D

nicoletm24

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
Timberlake
on lock down tonight! Got 1 egg rockin and rollin in there already! Took them off the turner, got the temp and humidity on the way up....lets get ready to go! Got 32 eggs in there! here's hoping for an awesome hatch. Most Brown Leghorns. Some mix breed. So we shall see what pips in the next 24 hrs
pop.gif

let the most stressful 3 days start!!!!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
I am sooo excited for you!! Keep us updated...I know when mine first started to hatch I was a nervous wreck. I think I was more nervous for my chicks than giving birth to all three of my children.

Day 19....and having Humidity issues
barnie.gif

I can't get it above 45%
he.gif

During the whole 18 days, the temp and humidity were PERFECT. I was like "this will be an awesome hatch!!" Then, day 18, I take off turner, load up with water and sponges (as usual) and go to bed. Wake up, and the dang this is at 35%
barnie.gif
I'm in a panic. I hear babies chirping but I know with that humidity, they will not be able to do anything. I've added wet paper towels, and an additional tray of water now. hoping and praying the poor things are not shrink wrapped
fl.gif

UGH....I'm so hoping this goes well!!!!!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

caf.gif

AND WE HAVE 1 CHICK OUT
wee.gif

about 5 more pipped so far
yippiechickie.gif

and several more awaiting pips here by tomorrow.

humidity issue fixed...60% humidity 100 degrees...PERFECT hatching temps!
celebrate.gif

I'm feeling VERY good about this hatch! lets hope for all 32!!!!!!

pop.gif

God knows I need to get out tomorrow so I'm not sitting here all day watching them! LOL

Woke up to 5 this morning 2 black and 3 yellow
wee.gif
pretty sure the yellows will be Brown Leghorns and the black will prolly be Barred Rocks.
yippiechickie.gif

have several more pipped so far.

OH...I incubated a DOUBLE YOLK egg. One of my hens that is a barred rock, lays a double yolker about once a week...they are HUGE eggs. I candled it at day 18...and i'm not sure if it'll do anything or not.

anyone else done a double yolker and had success with it?????
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom