We have a bear!

Jenthehen127

Songster
Mar 16, 2020
Western Pa
I'm so nervous, was sick to my stomach all day. Please don't let a bear (or anything else!) Get my girls! I even took down the bird feeder. Ugh. It got in the dumpster last night. Please send prayers, good vibes...whatever!

I'm so nervous, was sick to my stomach all day. Please don't let a bear (or anything else!) Get my girls! I even took down the bird feeder. Ugh. It got in the dumpster last night. Please send prayers, good vibes...whatever!
A friend had a bear smash up one of her coops. Luckily the birds were ok. They put a few strands of hot wire around things and no more bear problems.
Or perhaps wildlife control could help relocate the bear?

A friend had a bear smash up one of her coops. Luckily the birds were ok. They put a few strands of hot wire around things and no more bear problems.
Or perhaps wildlife control could help relocate the bear?
I'm hoping it will move along! We haven't had one in 2 years. Last night was the first week have seen any evidence of one. They are very scary to me, so strong and so much damage can be done!

Electric really is the only thing that'll deter a bear.

Our local bear is supposedly pretty lazy, so bird feeders and trash are the go to "prey." I haven't seen her myself but my next door neighbor had some damage from the bear playing with newly planted trees.

I've got bears in my area. A very large bear was making the rounds last yr hitting garbage cans and bird feeders throughout the area. Would hit my neighbor and I about every two weeks. Haven't seen that one this yr, but we've got two smaller 125lb bears causing trouble.
They never touched my coop, but it's definitely a concern.

Back
Top Bottom